Fall 2024 Kindergarten Registration Information
Welcome to the Candia School District’s Kindergarten Registration. We want to ensure that your child’s experience at the Henry W. Moore School is a positive and successful one. The Candia School District kindergarten program is a full day child-centered program developed to maximize each child’s ability. Language experiences appropriate for each child’s stage of literacy development underlies the entire program. The kindergarten curriculum aims to allow children to learn to take risks and solve problems, develop relationships, explore new concepts, acquire academic skills and knowledge, and enhance their physical, social, and emotional competence.
Children who will be 5 years old by September 30th may be registered for Kindergarten. Children who will be 6 years old by September 30th will be enrolled in first grade.
On Wednesday, March 20, 2024 at 5:30 p.m., we will be holding an information night for parents of NEW Kindergarten students who will be attending school in the fall. At this time, school staff will be available to share program overviews and answer questions. Please do not bring your child with you during this information night.
During Kindergarten Information Night, you will finalize the registration process. To better assist you with this process, the following information is necessary:
State law requires that all children entering public school have a physical exam within the last 12 months (completed after September 1, 2023). Students are also required to have an up-to-date immunization record. Both of these items must be on file at the school. Children will not be allowed to begin school if we do not have this information by the start of school.
The following forms will need to be completed:
- Pupil Information Record (PDF)
- NHDOE Home Language Survey (PDF)
- Kindergarten Questionnaire (PDF)
- Student Health History (PDF)
- Residency Affidavit (PDF)
- Race/Ethnicity Form (PDF)
Additional paperwork that is needed for a complete registration includes:
- A copy of your child’s Birth Certificate
- Physical Exam Record (form provided by Dr.), including immunization record
- Two items for proof of residency (attach to Residency Affidavit)
- Legal separation/divorce/custody paperwork (if applicable)
If you would prefer to pick up the forms from our office, office hours are 8:00am – 4:30pm. If you have a student in the school currently, we are happy to send the packet home with them. We are requesting that you complete this paperwork and return it on kindergarten information night or before. You may drop the paperwork off in the black drop box outside the front door of the school at any time. If you need copies made of birth certificates or other paperwork, we are happy to make those for you. Please contact us at 603-483-2251 ext. 202 with your registration questions.
Please also consider completing our survey regarding interest in summer 2024 programs at the school for students entering kindergarten through 8th grade in the fall: Summer Camp Interest Form
Welcome to the Candia School District! To register a child please print and complete the student registration packet. The completed packet along with the following documents are required for new student registration:
- The child’s immunization record
- The child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency (examples include a current utility bill or a lease/rental agreement)
- Documentation of the child’s last physical exam (must have occurred on or before September 1st for the start of a new school year)
You may download the individual components of the student packet by clicking on the required forms listed below:
- Proof of Residency (attach supporting document)
- Parent or Guardian Military Status
- Pupil Information Record
- NHDOE Home Language Survey (PDF)
- Release of Student Information
- Race/Ethnicity Form
- Local Field Trip Form
- Internet Access Form
- Medical History Form
- Kindergarten/First Grade Questionnaire (grade specific)
- Permission for Audio and Video Recording for Instructional Purposes (optional)
Please note that if your child requires medication to be given in school including over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Advil, cough/cold medications, etc., we must have a note from the parent/guardian as well as a note from the health care provider. Please call the school nurse at the numbers listed below if you have any questions regarding medications, physicals or immunization requirements.
Completed forms should be brought or mailed to the:
Henry W. Moore School, 12 Deerfield Road, Candia, NH, 03034 (603) 483-2251
If you are registering your child to begin school at a time other than the start of a new school year, there will be additional forms for you to complete once you return all documents listed above.