Skip to content Skip to content
Content starts here

Nutrition Services

The Mission of the Candia School Lunch and Breakfast Program is to provide well-balanced, healthy, cost effective meals in a safe and friendly environment. We recognize that good nutrition along with regular physical activity affects the health and well being of our students.

All of our lunch and breakfast meals meet the USDA requirements and dietary guidelines set forth in the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. Our snacks and ala carte items also meet the USDA’s “All foods sold in schools” standards.

School meals offer students more whole grains, a wide variety of fruits and vegetables (students choose from a variety of vegetable sub-groups including dark green, red/orange vegetables and legumes), Fat-free or 1 % milk (flavored milk is non-fat), age appropriate calorie limits and less sodium.

School meals are a great value and huge convenience for busy families. We continue to come up with new innovative ways to help our students incorporate healthier eating habits into their day.

Any child requiring modification to a school meal due to a disability must have the special meal prescription form completed by their physician. These forms are available online, in the nurse’s office as well as the Food Director’s Office. A copy should be sent to the School Nurse or Food Service Director.

For a list of questions surrounding the special prescription form please click here.

For a link to the Special Meals Prescription form please click here.

Please follow any of the links on the nutrition links tab for more detailed information regarding several important topics.

If you have any questions about our program, please do not hesitate to contact me at either 483-2251, ext. 1012 or email

Andrea Donovan

Director of Nutrition Services

Free and reduced price meal applications may be processed at any time during the school year.  Please be sure to fill out the application completely and return it to Nutrition Services at the Henry W. Moore School.

How to Apply for Free and Reduced Price School Meals

Frequently Asked Questions About Free and Reduced Price School Meals

Application for Free and Reduced Price School Meals


Please Click the link below to view the lunch menu.

Lunch Menu

Breakfast Menu


What are the costs of the meals?

  • Breakfast is $1.50 student / $1.75 adult (lowfat, non-fat or chocolate non-fat milk included)
  • Reduced breakfast is $.30
  • Lunch is $2.85 student / $3.50 adult (lowfat, non-fat or chocolate non-fat milk included)
  • Reduced lunch is $.40
  • Milk by itself is $.50, OJ $.50, small water $.50 and large water $1.00

What comes with my students’ meal?

The monthly menus are created to offer a well balanced meal. We offer a main entree, a sandwich meal, a salad meal and a lunchable meal. Our daily selection also includes bagels, Uncrustables PB&J sandwiches and fresh fruit. Each meal includes 2 vegetable choices and 2 fruit choices daily. Our menus meet the nutritional standards and guidelines for the National School Lunch Program.

Can my child purchase seconds of the entrée?

Yes, for an additional $2.25 your child can purchase seconds on any meal desired. The child needs to make sure to let his or her teacher know in the morning when lunch counts are being done.

What grades eat together and at what time?

Each grade has 25 minutes for lunch. 6-8 eat together from 11:38-12:08, 3-5 eat together from 12:00-12:40 and K-2 eat together from 12:30-1:10. Breakfast is grab and go and can be picked up in the kitchen before class starts.

Is my child allowed to purchase snacks?

Yes, all students are able to buy snacks from the snack cart during snack, before school and during lunch period.
Grades 3-8 can purchase on account.
Grades K-2 on a cash only basis.
Snack Prices range from $.50-$2.00
Examples include:
$.50 cheese stick, $.85 for baked chips or ice cream, $1.00-$1.50 for baked goods and $1.50 for PB&J, Bagel. $2.25 for a Pizza Slice or extra entree.

Can my child still buy snacks if their account has a negative balance?

No, we do not allow any student to purchase snacks from the snack cart or with their meals during lunch if they owe any money. In addition if your child is on free or reduced meals our snack offering is not sold at a reduced rate. The account will need to maintain a positive balance in order to purchase snacks.

What happens if my child has a negative balance of $10.00 or more?

We send reminder notes home every week for every student who either has a negative balance or a low balance of $5.00 or less. These notes are to let you know it is now time to deposit money in your students lunch account. This will be in effect for each student until the lunch account is paid in full. Please remember to send in additional funds too continue purchasing meals. We are a self-funded organization and run on a debit not credit system.

When is my child’s money put into their accounts?

When you send in check or cash it is deposited the very same day into their accounts for use. Your check may clear later as we do not go to the bank every day. Sending in a check or using our on-line prepayment system ( is the best way for you to track the money as cash always has a chance to get lost. Checks made payable to “Moore School Lunch” Myschoolbucks charges a $2.50 fee per transaction. This fee is charged by the company and not the school.

Can I divide the money into breakfast, lunch, and snack accounts?

No, when money is sent in for your child it all goes into a central account for that student to use with their pin #. Please make sure to explain to your child at home whether they are allowed additional snacks or extra items. This makes it easier to track for you and your student. It is very difficult to watch every child go through the line and track what one child can have vs. one who can not.

Am I able to find out what my child has purchased or how much they have left on their account?

Yes, of course. Please call me at 483-2251 x 1012 or email at any time and I can assist you with your questions. I can also send you home an account summary sheet with purchases and current balances, or you may log onto and access your child’s account.

Can I send a meal to school with my child that needs to be re-heated?

No, Students are not able to access the microwave at anytime.


USDA Non-discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions
participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination
Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter
addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.