Dear Moore School Families,
Welcome to the 2020 – 2021 school year. I hope that everyone had a great summer and was able to enjoy the beautiful weather. The Moore School staff has been working diligently to prepare for the reopening of school. Our first day of school is Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
The Moore School is implementing some changes to ensure the safety and health of students and staff. The Moore School Reopening Protocols document details many of those changes. All of the safety protocols are important, but I would like to highlight some of the changes that will be noticeable to our students and much different than the school’s typical operating procedures.
- The school day for students in grades 5-8 will be from 7:45am – 2:00pm. The school day for students in grades K-4 will be from 8:45am – 2:50pm.
- Students who attend school in-person will be cohorted and remain in their homeroom to receive instruction. Middle school and Unified Arts teachers will travel to the homerooms, rather than the students traveling to different classrooms.
- Students will sit 3-6 feet apart (depending on grade level) in the classroom and will sit facing in the same direction.
- It will be encouraged to have classes outside as weather permits.
- Students will eat lunch outside or in the classroom.
- Lunch ordering will be done online the week/weekend before and not at school.
- Recess areas have been designated with cohorts (classrooms) of students rotating to different areas following a rotation schedule.
- Students are expected to wear cloth face coverings/masks on the bus and in school unless there is a health-related reason that they cannot wear one. Please check out Mr. Banks’ video.
- Students will have the opportunity for many mask breaks throughout the day.
- Students will be regularly washing and sanitizing their hands throughout the school day.
- Events and assemblies have been canceled until further notice but may be held virtually.
- Clubs and organizations may still occur, but meetings will be virtual or in rooms large enough for the group to adhere to social distancing.
- Fall sports will be held with new protocols if there is enough interest.
- Arrival and departure procedures have changed with all buses dropping off and picking up at the back of the building. Parent drop off is by the kindergarten playground area and parent pick up is at the front of the building as it has been in the past.
I will be sending some information regarding our typical first day of school forms in the next couple of days. We will be asking that you complete them online and send them back to us electronically.
We are so excited to welcome you back to school this year. It will look a little different, but our goal is still to provide the best possible school experience for our students. As always, please reach out to me with any questions or feedback.